- A review of the risks posed by the failure of tailings dams provides an overview of risks associated to tailings dams, monitoring regulatory frameworks, methods and techniques and examples of tailings dams failures.
- Presentation “Minimising the risk of tailings dams failures through the use of remote sensing data” by Dr Marta Roca from HR Wallinford in the EGU conference.
- Presentation Tecnología satelital para el monitoreo de relaveras (in Spanish) by Olalla Gimeno from HR Wallingford in Nortemin conference in Peru.
- Tailings Dams Monitoring using Satellite-enabled Technologies presented by Maral Bayaraa from Catapult at the Tailings 2018, 5th International Seminar on Tailings Management
- OSINERGMIN map of mining activities in Peru, including closed tailings deposits (in Spanish).
- Website from Devex and partners (Devex is a media media platform for the global development community) that explores how satellite applications and space technology can transform global development and humanitarian aid.
- If you want to know more about the benefits of satellite technology, satellite types, etc, look at this website satellites4everyone.co.uk. In particular, here you can find more explanations about how Earth Observation satellites work
- Space for Development website produced by Caribou Digital with the support from UKSA IPP providing a unified view of the knowledge, initiatives and community using space for development benefits.
As the project progresses we will be publishing educational and scientific resources. If you would like to be informed when new resources are added to this page, please complete the form below.