- A review of the risks posed by the failure of tailings dams provides an overview of risks associated to tailings dams, monitoring regulatory frameworks, methods and techniques and examples of tailings dams failures.
- Presentation “Supporting reduction of risks of tailings dams using earth observation data” by Mark Davison from HR Wallingford in the EGU2020 conference.
- Presentation “An operational system for tailings dam monitoring by bringing together remote sensing, meteorological and on-site observations” by Eleanor Ainscoe from HR Wallingford in the EGU2020 conference.
- Presentation “Minimising the risk of tailings dams failures through the use of remote sensing data” by Dr Marta Roca from HR Wallinford in the EGU2019 conference.
- Presentation Tecnología satelital para el monitoreo de relaveras (in Spanish) by Olalla Gimeno from HR Wallingford in III Nortemin 2018 Conference in Peru.
- Tailings Dams Monitoring using Satellite-enabled Technologies presented by Maral Bayaraa from Catapult at the Tailings 2018, 5th International Seminar on Tailings Management
- OSINERGMIN map of mining activities in Peru, including closed tailings deposits (in Spanish).
- Website from Devex and partners (Devex is a media media platform for the global development community) that explores how satellite applications and space technology can transform global development and humanitarian aid.
- If you want to know more about the benefits of satellite technology, satellite types, etc, look at this website satellites4everyone.co.uk. In particular, here you can find more explanations about how Earth Observation satellites work
- Space for Development website produced by Caribou Digital with the support from UKSA IPP providing a unified view of the knowledge, initiatives and community using space for development benefits. Here you can download the catalogue of space-based solutions that address development challenges.
- The Global Tailings Portal is a searchable database with information of more than 1,800 tailings dams around the world.
- If you want to learn more about tailings dams, how they are distributed around the world and the risk associated to these structures, here you can find an article by Reuters that covers all these topics and more.
- Global Tailings Standard (Draft for public consultation). This document aims to establish an international standard for the safe management of tailings storage facilities
As the project progresses we will be publishing educational and scientific resources. If you would like to be informed when new resources are added to this page, please complete the form below.