Skip to content
- Project Summary (June 2020) – A short overview of DAMSAT stating its benefits and the solution provided.
- DAMSAT Case Study (June 2020) – It provides an overview of the results achieved and lessons learnt so far.
Technical information about DAMSAT
- DAMSAT User Manual – An overview of how to navigate through the user interface of DAMSAT.
- DAMSAT: Technical specifications – An overview of the technical specifications of DAMSAT.
- A Two-Fluid Simulation of Tailings Dam Breaching, published in October 2020 in Mine Water and the Environment. Authors: Gregor Petkovšek, Mohamed Hassan, Darren Lumbroso and Marta Roca Collell.
- DAMSAT: An eye in the sky for monitoring tailings dams, published in September 2020 in Mine Water and the Environment. Authors: Darren Lumbroso, Marta Roca Collell, Gregor Petkovsek, Mark Davison, Yee Liu, Craig Goff and Mark Wetton.
- The potential to reduce the risks posed by tailings dams using satellite-based information, published in August 2019 in the International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction. Authors: Darren Lumbroso, Caitlin McElroy, Craig Goff, Marta Roca Collell, Gregor Petkovsek and Mark Wetton.
- OSINERGMIN map of mining activities in Peru, including closed tailings deposits (in Spanish).
- Website from Devex and partners (Devex is a media media platform for the global development community) that explores how satellite applications and space technology can transform global development and humanitarian aid.
- If you want to know more about the benefits of satellite technology, satellite types, etc, look at this website satellites4everyone.co.uk. In particular, here you can find more explanations about how Earth Observation satellites work
- Space for Development website produced by Caribou Digital with the support from UKSA IPP providing a unified view of the knowledge, initiatives and community using space for development benefits. Here you can download the catalogue of space-based solutions that address development challenges.
- The Global Tailings Portal is a searchable database with information of more than 1,800 tailings dams around the world.
- If you want to learn more about tailings dams, how they are distributed around the world and the risk associated to these structures, here you can find an article by Reuters that covers all these topics and more.