After three years of work, DAMSAT comes to an end. On the occasion of the closure of the project we would like to invite you to the Final online event that will take place on Thursday 25 March at 9:00 am (Peru time). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate. Please note that the event will be in Spanish.
During the development of the project we reached important milestones, overcame significant obstacles and achieved the objectives we set at the beginning of DAMSAT. Some of the milestones we reached throughout the project were:
- We developed specialised methodologies to monitor water dams, tailings dams and tailings storage facilites with the application of satellite technology;
- We helped to reduce the risks posed by the failure of such structures and their associated consequences;
- We delivered training courses for specialised professionals and project beneficiaries;
- We engaged in knowledge sharing activities with the various institutions involved in the project;
- We participated in more than 25 conferences around the world;
- We published technical papers in industry-leading scientific journals,
None of this would have been possible without the unconditional support of the Peruvian and International Institutions involved in the project. On behalf of the entire DAMSAT team, we would like to reiterate our thanks to all the people and institutions that made the development of the project possible.
We look forward to working together again in the future. Thank you very much!